You may have noticed that I have some affection for our wedding photographer. Let me tell you a little bit about her.
I met her in college when one of my roommates was all, “My friend and her girlfriend are coming over for dinner, cool?” and I was all, “Cool.” And then we started hanging out more and playing boardgames and living a few blocks away from each other and then living a few states away from each other and now living a few towns away from each other. She introduced me to roller derby and I took care of her dog once.
Sometimes she comes to visit us and takes our pictures.
Why, might you ask, am I telling you these perhaps seemingly-random facts about Amazing Photographer Ellie Leonardsmith? Well, it’s because today, she’s doing An Awesome Photography Giveaway.
Here’s how it works:
- Winner gets 1 hour of free photoshooting with Ellie! Pick your poison: she’ll take pictures of you in your wedding clothes, in your street clothes, running naked through the streets… what I mean is, whatever you want to wear, she’s willing to take pictures of you in it. She’s also happy to hang out at your house or a park or around town and just take pictures of you being awesome by yourself, with your friends, or with puppies. Kittens are also acceptable. And babies! Happy to photograph babies, too.
- How to win: comment here and tell us about your most valued picture and why it matters to you (for example, I have a picture of my dad and me on the dock up at camp when I was maybe 4 years old. I’m wrapped in a towel and probably shivering, and we have the exact same profile. I love that picture.).
- I will use a random number generator to pick the winner!
- Deadline to comment is 5pm EST Monday January 24th.
- You must be within or willing to meet within an hour of Boston; specifics to be worked out with Awesome Photographer Ellie.
- Photoshoot is free, and afterwards CD of images, prints, or albums can all be purchased through her.
You can see examples of Ellie’s work all over my blogs, but also on her website.
Also, I get nothing out of doing this, except her gratitude and excitement that I get to give my awesome readers something that I think is really awesome! I say awesome a lot. Now, comment away!